Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has inaugurated two committees that will foresee collation of presidential election results.
The Commission disclosed that as part of the preparation for the 2023 general elections,
it held its usual weekly meeting and part of the agenda was setting up of the venue the National Situation Room and Collation Centre for the 2023 General Election.
According to a statement issued by National Commissioner & Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Barrister Festus Okoye, the International Conference Centre (ICC) in Abuja will serve as the venue for this important exercise.
Okoye also revealed that the Commission has established two committees for this purpose. First is the Collation Secretariat, where Presidential results from the States will be collated .
The Secretariat will be headed by the Chairman of INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, in exercising his constitutional responsibilities as the Chief Electoral Commissioner of the Federation and Returning Officer for the Presidential election.
The second is the Situation Room and Collation Centre Committee, which shall be responsible for the preparation of the venue, seating arrangement, utilities and services, security, the accreditation of party agents, as well as the national and international observers, media.
The Committee 16 members Committee include;
1. Mrs. May Agbamuche-Mbu, National Commissioner – Chairperson
2. Prof. Abdullahi Abdu Zuru, National Commissioner – Member
3. Barr. Festus Okoye, National Commissioner – Member
4. Director, Electoral Operations – Member
5. Director, ICT – Member
6. Director, Planning and Monitoring – Member
7. Director, Security – Member
8. Director, Election & Party Monitoring – Member
9. Director, International Cooperation & Protocol – Member
10. Director, Research – Member
11. Director, Health Services – Member
12. Director, Estate, Works and Transport – Member
13. Chief Technical Adviser to the Chairman – Member
14. Special Adviser to the Chairman – Member
15. Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman – Member
16. Director, Commission Secretariat – Member/Secretary
The Commissioner stated that the Situation Room and Collation Centre Committee has been inaugurated by the Chairman of the Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, who charged it to commence work in earnest and to discharge its responsibilities diligently.
Sign up and receive the latest tips via email.